Our Medical Services
The ER in Booneville, Mississippi
100 Hospital Drive
Booneville, MS 38829
Our Emergency Department is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, so you can rely on us to be there when you need us most. Our team of medical professionals sees 23,000 patients each year from Booneville, Mississippi and nearby areas.
Our Radiology Department offers a full-range of imaging equipment and services, including a 64-slice computerized tomography (CT) scanning machine, a high-field 1.5 Tesla MRI machine, two radiographic rooms and two ultrasound rooms, which enable the center’s staff to perform a wide variety of tests. The department schedules non-emergency visits from 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Please call 662-720-5017 if you have any special needs.
- Computed Tomography (CT)
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MR)
- Nuclear medicine
Daily Hospital Services
- Medical & surgical acute care
- Pediatric acute care
- Psychiatric acute care (geriatric)
- Geriatric acute care
- Critical care unit
Baptist Memorial Hospital-Booneville Specialty Clinics
Ophthalmology Clinic: William Brawner, MD
Clinic hours: Every 1st and 3rd Wednesday from 8 a.m. until noon
Orthopedics Clinic: John Foropoulos, MD
Clinic hours: Every Friday from 8 a.m. until noon
We offer physical, speech, and occupational therapy to help patients recover from conditions and injuries. Our rehabilitation teams and specialists create individualized care plans for patients based on their limitations and recovery goals.
Inpatient Rehabilitation Services
Following certain medical procedures and hospital stays, it is common for patients to begin their rehabilitation programs while in the hospital through inpatient rehabilitation.
Outpatient Rehabilitation Programs
We help patients restore muscle strength and function, improve mobility, begin exercise plans, relieve pain and learn to properly use prosthetic, orthotic and ambulation devices.
- Orthopedic: helping patients recover from fractures and joint replacements.
- Sports Related Injuries: helping patients recover from injury, improve athletic performance and restore muscle strength.
- Occupational Therapy: working with people of all ages to improve the skills they need to use in daily activities (self care skills, social interaction, work, play/leisure activities, education) to increase independence.
- Balance Disorder: vestibular or balance disorders, treated by a therapist certified in vestibular rehabilitation.
- Back/Neck Pain: caused by injury, a medical condition or surgery.
- Pediatric: physical, occupational and speech/language therapy.
- Brain, Spine and Neurologic Rehabilitation: Recovering from a stroke, spinal injury or brain trauma requires highly trained and experienced therapists who specialize in physical, occupational and speech therapies.
Functional Employment Testing
Baptist Memorial Hospital-Booneville offers pre- and post-job testing through WorkSTEPS®. WorkSTEPS is the leading provider of functional employment testing in the nation and was founded to meet a critical employer need—to create a medically safe, legally compliant, scientific and objective means of matching a worker’s functional capabilities with the essential functions of the job. WorkSTEPS testing differs from physician’s physicals because WorkSTEPS testing evaluates and assesses an employee’s functional capabilities, which are then correlated with the physical demands of the job for which a candidate is being considered. For more information, visit workSTEPS website.
Sleep Disorders Center
Baptist Booneville’s Sleep Disorders Center provides diagnostic services and treatment to patients who show symptoms of a sleep disorder. More than 80 sleep disorders can affect sleep, and some studies indicate that chronic sleep loss also may contribute to diabetes, heart disease, obesity and other age-related chronic disorders. The Sleep Disorders Center uses advanced digital technology and offer all-night polysomnographic monitoring and daytime nap testing by highly trained technicians. Each treatment is individualized based on the patient's needs.